Enterprise data management is the practice of managing information at the enterprise level rather than in “silos” (e.g. by individual applications or business units). The Australasian Enterprise Data Management Conference is the only specialist conference on enterprise data management in Australasia. It provides a regional forum for sharing experiences, best practices and the latest thinking about managing data at the enterprise level. It is the most important event of the year for data management professionals across Australia and New Zealand and attracts speakers and participants from around the world. It is an open, vendor independent conference, organised by EDM practitioners for EDM practitioners.
What is different about this conference:
- World class speakers: the program includes some of the leading international experts in the enterprise data management field.
- Published book: all participants will receive a published book, consisting of written papers (not Powerpoint slides) as permanent documentation of the conference.
- 3 conferences for the price of 1: there are 2 co-located conferences (on enterprise architecture and data warehousing/business intelligence) that participants can attend for no extra charge.
- Industry awards: the conference incorporates the inaugural 2015 Australasian Enterprise Data Management Excellence Award, with the winner to be announced at the conference dinner.
- A variety of session formats rather than the usual “Death by Powerpoint”: the programme includes keynote presentations, regular presentations, showcase sessions (best practice case studies), a data monetization café (an interactive session where participants will learn how to apply data monetization concepts to their own data), panel discussions, lightning talks and half-day and full day workshops.
- Unique venue: Luna Park is one of Australia’s most iconic venues and one of only two amusement parks in the world that are protected by government legislation because of their importance to the national heritage.
- Social programme and networking opportunities: including a cocktail reception, use of Luna Park rides and an “all the fun of the fair” conference dinner.
- High quality programme: the presentations on the final programme were selected based on merit by an expert committee composed of representatives from the Australian Computer Society (ACS), Data Management Association (DAMA), Data Governance Professionals Organization (DGPO), International Association of Information and Data Quality (IAIDQ), Institute of Information Management (IIM) and the Institute of IT Professionals NZ (IITP).
- Vendor independent: unlike commercial conferences, sponsors cannot buy speaking slots on the programme (i.e. no “infomercials”) and sales oriented presentations are specifically excluded.
- Speaking slots are open to all enterprise data management practitioners via an open call for presentations rather than “invitation only” as in most commercial conferences.
The conference is conducted in partnership with the leading international and regional associations relevant to enterprise data management: